Body shapers have evolved from the rib crushing pieces that even made it hard to breathe to comfortable, effective body shapers that give natural looking shape. Modern shape wear comes in a huge variety and it is only when you know the dos and don’ts of getting your wear you will be able to buy the perfect piece or pieces for your desired use.
1. Do learn how to wear it right. If you don’t wear it correctly, you could end up forfeiting the benefits. Always start wearing your garment from below and pull it over your hips to avoid situations where it gets trapped around your head or arms. Bunch it up and release it gradually as you pull it into place; the last thing you want is to leave crotchets snapped or hooked.
2. Do know what body parts your shaper helps. Shapewear is not created equal and for that reason you will find each garment is designed to serve a given function. For instance control brief will work on shaping your hips and rear, a shaping top will concentrate on the lower and upper back, waist and stomach, whereas a waist cincher will concentrate on slimming the waist and the abdomen if it does extend downwards, and a bodysuit is an allover shaping garment. Let your body shape guide you in selecting the most suitable body shaper.
3. Do wash your garment before wearing and pay close attention to the care instructions. Remember that most garments are chemically treated and they have gone through all kinds of processes and situations, hence the need to wash before you wear. Because most come with washing instructions, make sure you follow them for the sake of maintaining the quality of your fabric.
1. Don’t buy too small or too large. A body shaper that is too small will be uncomfortable and won’t offer the support that you need. If it’s too tight then it will interfere with circulation, pinch and even leave you with unsightly rolls. A garment that is too large on the other hand will end up gaping, bunching up and moving all over and will therefore not get to serve its purpose.
2. Don’t base your purchase on before and after photos provided. Marketing photos are not always accurate and they may not tell you the real story. Instead of feeling compelled to buy a body shaper based on what you see in the photos, it is best that you concentrate on the shaper features to make a good choice.
3. Don’t forget your exercises and diet. Good nutrition should not be overshadowed by the use of body shapers. Even with shapewear that offers some permanent body results you would still need to maintain healthy eating habits and adopt a healthy exercise regime to reap positive long term results. This is also the simplest way of increasing your energy levels, confidence and improving posture. A healthy lifestyle will save you from lots of diseases too.